Search

Showhorse.com Forum · Cutting Horse

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Im lost....
 Potter Performance Horses
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/29/2011 4:49:27 PM reply with quote send message to Potter Performance Horses Object to Post   

I had a minor break from showhorse and I am a bit lost on the cutting situation. I have been breeding to get all the stats up, including the cow traits, but looking at the most recent shows, the other stats dont seem to matter. So does anyone have a idea on how these countdown shows are going? And another question, how do you enter cutting? I seem to be at loss there as well. Thanks! PPH
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
5/29/2011 10:56:06 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well, no answer on the traits except that cow sense appears to be the more definative of the three traits so far.

To enter use the "Schedule" under Events on the left side.

There are only a few left to go and nothing new after May 31st. Hopefully something coming soon.

Good luck, Potter!

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio on 5/29/2011 10:57:52 PM
 bodyfarmbrat
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2011 3:17:40 AM reply with quote send message to bodyfarmbrat Object to Post

what ive noticed:
in the top set of traits you want a ***good "feet" trait.
you want ***good muscle stats,balance section isnt a big deal.

***good CAS (the stock traits) obviously.
medium temperment (this and height might be a factor might not,not sure yet,but its what we users had agreed upon for jeff to go with)
height between 15 and 14.3hh

*** - these are most important.
 Unbridled Stables
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2011 10:51:54 AM reply with quote send message to Unbridled Stables Object to Post

you need good feet and bone, muscle traits around 65-70 balance the higher the better. strock traits are listed in order of importance already and temp around 56
 Benessere Quarters
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2011 1:08:06 PM reply with quote send message to Benessere Quarters Object to Post

I don't think the balance section has as much to do with it, but I don't show cutting. I just remember that during the Ustream chat (and correct me if I am wrong here) it was said that balance really wouldn't be a major factor. I may have misunderstood that, but I think that is what was said. Stock traits, feet & bone, muscling...not sure as far as what was said on temp, I truly cannot remember and also height was a factor I think.
 Potter Performance Horses
Basic User

Basic User
7/5/2011 1:42:22 PM reply with quote send message to Potter Performance Horses Object to Post

Thank you for commenting, all of you, if there is anything people want to add, I am still looking for more details. I want to do a MAJOR cut on my stock but I am not sure what I want to keep.

I have done sorting for about 3 years now, and I have ridden my share of cowhorses(including a professional cutting mare) around cows, so from my point of view with being a rider who plans to visit the big names for private lessons, balance is a huge necessity. More on the riders part but the horse has got to have it as well, if they don't, they will stumble all over. However, I feel muscling(seems more stream-line horses work better; stream-line is a term for a horse with a small chest and huge hind end; so a bigger booty) and conformation are equally important. Just me though, it changes from person to person.

Replies in this thread : 5