Showhorse.com Forum · Game Ideas

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Gameplay Updates
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
7/11/2013 5:25:37 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

While I’m working through the list of layout updates for tonight, can I get you guys to pick the five biggest gameplay type updates you’d like implemented?

The new breeds that Darkwatch has sent in would certainly be one of them.
 LoneSome Acres
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2013 6:25:28 PM reply with quote send message to LoneSome Acres Object to Post

The new breeds would be awesome. I'd also like liquidation to go back to market value, which everyone agreed on when we had the discussion, rather then $1 or $25.
Persistent titles would also be nice so people would show in pro more since we can't even make back the entry fees right now.
GeriR
 Autumnwood Ranch
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2013 8:23:21 PM reply with quote send message to Autumnwood Ranch Object to Post

1) Some sort of persistent title - even if it's only get X points and CH is appended to your horse's name, get Y additional points and GC is appended. Even if it's only for halter, it would at least give some reason to enter and something to work towards.

2) Maybe some sort of 'batch processing' by sub stable, so like if I wanted to liquidate everything in my Pending Sales stable I could do it by pushing a button and confirming my intent (maybe by entering my password). Or if I just wanted to breed all the mares in my Mares stable to a single in house stud, could do it with one button push. Again, with a confirmation screen and maybe having to enter my password to confirm.

3) Adding a way to filter out approval only studs and sort studs by stud fee to the Stud Book. I'd be more likely to look for studs to use if I could just go down a list that consisted of nothing but studs that are actually available to be used, and stop looking when the fee gets too high for my bank balance.

4) Changing it so that if a stud *isn't* on approval, pre-booked breeding requests are just automatically approved, like they are when you request a same day breeding to that stud.

5) Obviously, seeing the stuff I've sent in already get implemented for everyone to use would be awesome heh.
 SteppinOut Stables
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2013 10:57:07 PM reply with quote send message to SteppinOut Stables Object to Post

Love the "batch" idea for entering shows too! The changes to the stud book will also get my vote.
 Autumnwood Ranch
Basic User

Basic User
7/12/2013 12:41:48 AM reply with quote send message to Autumnwood Ranch Object to Post

Yes, for show entries also... I tend to forget that since most of the time I don't show. Just not worth it when there isn't any return for the entry fee... I don't even necessarily *need* that return to be a payout either, just something that eliminates the feeling of throwing money away.
 Benessere Hills
Basic User

Basic User
7/12/2013 1:08:22 AM reply with quote send message to Benessere Hills Object to Post

Adding the new breed that Autumnwood has worked on would be the thing I'd want most. Persistent titles, even though I do not show, would also be a major plus for reasons already listed.
 Arizona Falls
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/11/2017 4:10:57 PM reply with quote send message to Arizona Falls Object to Post

Hello everyone!
I'm new around here but I have an idea! Lol
Would it be too hard...wait,let me refrace that...
Would it be possible to get horses to turn 1year after 10 days
for the first 30 days(=3 years) and then 1month=1year after that?
It would be just like gestation period for the first 30days...no
breeding for the first 20 days(turned 2 years old)
I think it would speed up the game a bit for all... your breeding
programs and projects,show entries will all benefit from it
Thanks for reading!
AZF
 Arizona Falls
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/11/2017 4:13:37 PM reply with quote send message to Arizona Falls Object to Post

I hope game ideas still a thing! Lol
Last post here was 2013!
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
3/12/2017 11:54:36 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

An interesting proposal. I've been thinking about how it would work in practice. It struck me that if a filly (or colt) were two years old when it was bred, in 30 days after the foal was born, when the foal turned 3, the parent would also turn 3.

Currently we are able to breed at 2 - the official 2, which in the case of a horse born toward the end of the month means that the parent might actually be just over a year biologically based on birth date. In 30 days the parent would be officially 3 but biologically 2 and a bit. If the foal is actually 3, it is then in some circumstances going to be older than its parent. Just something to think about.

I'm not sure you could implement this without first making the breeding age at least 3 but then you'd still have horses that were only one year older than their parents, so you might have to make that 4 for breeding.

I guess to be fair, if something like this were put in place, along with some mechanism to prevent foals ending up the same age as (or older than) a parent, after the first few months when most of the current horses have been through the accelerated time warp things might fall back into place. But I'm not sure - I haven't thought it through that far ahead.

ShowHorse is a game of patience. It’s a simulation that is supposed to simulate life. It works on a time scale. If you fiddle with that scale in one place it has ramifications somewhere else. The 10 day gestation already creates the anomaly of 3 and possibly 4 births per mare per year. If we mess around with the time line, it would eventually become quite farcical.

Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2017 9:05:26 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

You're absolutely right! Lol
I didn't see that,where parents will end up the
same age as their foals at the end of the month...
But I still think something like that,maybe with a couple of
Twicks would work!!!
I figured,a new player sings on,get staters horses,configures
his/her stables,goes to Auctions,buys a couple of horses,breeds them,hopefully enters some shows(knowing he/she won't be competitive) lol and then is pretty much done for the next 9 days...come in for about 20 minutes,enter shows
It's done for the day...
If something like my idea(reviewed) was put in place,the game would pick up the pace,new players would have to stay for longer periods of time,old players with breeding programs and projects will have to sing in every day and the game would be entertaining again!!!!
Not need for new breeds or larger shows payouts because everyone,old and new players will enter shows!!!
Thanks for reading
PS: This is all just an idea,a suggestion...I very much like this game and it saddens me to see very good,competitive large stables sitting inactive for months and years!
 Weather Hill
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
8/24/2017 8:40:32 PM reply with quote send message to Weather Hill Object to Post

I am new to SH but have been onSD for years and I think the idea of earning Champion and GrandChampion is excellent also ,as on SD the ability to bring up each horses show record on that horses page. I am more interested in breeding than showing but Being able to indicate the quality( or persistence of the owner) of the horse with a title that had to be earned would "advertise" the horses for breeding or sale.

Replies in this thread : 10