Showhorse.com Forum · Cutting Horse

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Painters
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/1/2017 9:48:03 AM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

That of course was me. I timed out and now I can't edit it (lol).

I wanted to add that if anyone needs/wants to contact someone about compliance, we need to be be polite. Do it privately! Trying to force compliance by bullying risks ending up with things getting nasty which can poison the whole game and possibly put its existence at risk.
 Painters
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/17/2017 10:54:15 AM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

Bringing this to the top too.
 Tranquility Acres
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2017 3:55:33 AM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres Object to Post

Did we decide to leave jackpots on as per their scheduled breed's day or as an open event? I reread this thread and it still seemed a little vague. Being I entered my paints per usual tomorrow, but I'd be out of luck if the other breeds drop in.

Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2017 12:14:07 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Painters!!!
My friend,we're all following your lead!
And doing a really good job at it too! Even new players know to enter in their breed days!
So,here too we're going to follow your lead and do what's best for all Cutting stables
Jackpots;for all breeds or breed/day?
I honestly think it should be open to all...because Jackpots aren't the only show those days and Appy stables are taking a hit on their monthly earnings...
That being said,Paint horses,thanks to Tranquility Acres are all alone in the lead for Cutting competition and deserve at least one Jackpot day...
So,maybe if we give 1 Jackpot to Paints/TBs and 1 to Arabs/QHs and all other Appys on the monthly schedule,we solve the situation...
Tranquility needs your answer quick! Lol
He's about to loose like 10ks!!!
Thank you all for reading and being awesome players!
AZF

Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2017 12:34:38 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Regarding the Jackpot type shows, I don't think we really discussed it in detail, it was just a case of 'Let's see how this works first'. Basically it seems to be working fairly well. We do seem to be having more participation, no one is going broke (faster than usual) and no one is getting rich. We are having excellent compliance which is very heartening!

Anyway, I've looked at the months of July to September.

(August 4th is last scheduled show then it jumps to December 2nd. We'll have to watch that this fills out as we go further into July - I think it will but if it doesn't we'll have to contact Jeff.)

? on 1st - Paint/TB
500 on 5th - Paint/TB
250 on 10th - Apps
300 on 15th - Paint/TB
250 on 20th - Apps
500 on 25th - Arab/QH
1000 on 28th - Arab/QH

Assuming the complete schedule for August follows that for July, date-wise:

250 on 1st - Arab/QH
500 on 5th - Paint/TB
250 on 10th - Apps
300 on 15th - Arab
250 on 20th - All
500 on 25th - Arab/QH
1000 on 28th - Apps

And for September, same assumption:

250 on 1st - Arab/QH
500 on 5th - Arab/QH
250 on 10th - All
300 on 15th - Arab/QH
250 on 20th - Paint/TB
500 on 25th - Apps
1000 on 28th - Apps

It does change around month to month. Sometimes it seems to favour one breed, sometimes other. My inclination is to leave it as it is, breed based on day of the week but I'm certainly open to anyone else's ideas/opinions. I think that over time, if my 'assumption' is correct, it will distribute fairly.

What does everyone else think?
 Tranquility Acres
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2017 4:17:59 PM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres Object to Post

I think the breed day/week is easier implemented due to how the actual cutting days are set up. Leaves little room for error as far as entering on the wrong day or wrong breed that day.

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>