Search

Showhorse.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Calculating a horses score
 IronThrone Ranch Inc.
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/27/2017 1:37:14 PM reply with quote send message to IronThrone Ranch Inc. Object to Post   

I know awhile back there was a program where all you had to do was copy and paste the individual horses "address" within and it gave you there scores. I understand this link no longer works......wasn't there an excel program too??
Thanks P8/BHR
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
9/27/2017 7:31:51 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

I have an Excel spread sheet that I made originally several years ago. I've already shared it with other stables if you want to give it a try. It is not as slick as the program you referred to but it matches the calculations.
 P8ntedPny
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
9/28/2017 3:05:50 AM reply with quote send message to P8ntedPny Object to Post

Yes please!!
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
9/28/2017 2:39:50 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

PM'd you P8.
 Wild Brookes Stables
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/2/2017 9:16:21 PM reply with quote send message to Wild Brookes Stables Object to Post

Throwing this out there that for calculating halter scores I first add all the muscling points together. Remembering also that 100 is the ideal and anything over 100 you deduct that from 100. So 101 =99. 109=91 and so on so forth. So after totalling the muscle group I times that number by .33. Next you add that number to the total of the conformation scores.

So for an example. My stallion WBS Regent
His total Muscling score is 548. Now...

548x.33=180.84

His total conformation score is 580.

580+180.84=760.84 This is his halter score. The way the game opperates for halter is whoever has the highest score will be champion virtually forever until someone else comes in with a higher score.

So currently for the tbs. Coton Parks mare Queen Isuelt has the highest halter score at 774 (M571×.33=188.43+C586=774.43)
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
10/3/2017 2:24:11 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

Yep, sounds right Wild. Halter score is fairly easy mathematically but it's a bit tedious to do manually if you have 10, 20, 30 new foals to do.

Standard deviation is a bit trickier. I used to have to do it for a statistical course, with a little hand calculator (lol) but I very quickly and thankfully forget how. I looked it up the other day and it involves square roots.

I'll see what I can do to get this available to all.

Be advised though - this is not as slick as Autumnwoods version (I'll look into that too but no promises).
 Wild Brookes Stables
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/3/2017 9:27:49 PM reply with quote send message to Wild Brookes Stables Object to Post

Lol yes it is tedious to do the halter calculations but since there's not much else to the game so I just do it. Besides I tend to have a decent eye for foals that I know will score higher and I calculate those and some I know I definitely don't want to keep I just send to the auction right away.
 P8ntedPny
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
10/5/2017 3:51:04 AM reply with quote send message to P8ntedPny Object to Post

posted by GaylanStudio
Yep, sounds right Wild. Halter score is fairly easy mathematically but it's a bit tedious to do manually if you have 10, 20, 30 new foals to do.

Standard deviation is a bit trickier. I used to have to do it for a statistical course, with a little hand calculator (lol) but I very quickly and thankfully forget how. I looked it up the other day and it involves square roots.

I'll see what I can do to get this available to all.

Be advised though - this is not as slick as Autumnwoods version (I'll look into that too but no promises).

But, where does the conformation fit into halter.....wouldn't that play a part??
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
10/6/2017 6:08:55 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

The HalterScore is essentially 3/4 "Conformation" and 1/4 "Muscling", 0 "Balance"
 Painters
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2017 9:57:12 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

For those who are calculating a halter score yourself, and even if you aren't

For Halter, all the 18 main traits (Skin to Neck), 100 is considered ideal with anything over or under being equally faulty - 101 is the same as 99, 110 is the same as 90.

So, when you calculate your halter score you need to adjust all the values that are over 100 to their equivalent less than 100 value before you add them together.

If you have 100+ values and you do not adjust, your halter score is going to be high and thus misleading.

Replies in this thread : 9