Search

Showhorse.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : My ladies need induced.
 Adare
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/28/2017 8:42:50 AM reply with quote send message to Adare Object to Post   

Foals aren't dropping. I have several overdue mares.
My ladies need induced.
0 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
9/28/2017 2:35:25 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

I don't know if you did but I sent Jeff a message about this.

Is it only certain horses or are they all overdue?

Is anyone else having this problem or just Adare?

Adare
Basic User

Basic User
9/29/2017 9:44:35 AM reply with quote send message to Adare Object to Post

I'm now guessing the foals aren't dropping because I have put the mares in auction. On Trophyhorse, this was a common thing, the foal would drop and not go with the mare to her new home. I didn't see any restrictions on this in the rules, so I went ahead and did it.

If the foals drop after the completion of the auction (and because Jeff is ignoring my emails), I need them sent back to me. That was not my intent. I need to decide what to do with them.
 Tranquility Acres
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/1/2017 7:53:36 PM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres Object to Post

Unless someone bought them in auction, wouldn't the mare and foal both be gone? (in the case of liquidation)
 Adare
Basic User

Basic User
10/1/2017 11:01:15 PM reply with quote send message to Adare Object to Post

They were sold at auction. The foals were due a certain day, say the 26th, so I set auction to end the 28th so the foal would drop and only the mare would go. This is a common practice on Trophyhorse, and not mentioned or forbidden in the rules here.

Except, the foals did not drop. The game held them in, overdue.

Highly irritating.
 Painters
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/2/2017 12:11:05 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

It seems the mares have foaled in their new homes - it appears as you suggested.

I believe it is part of the protection for bidders - I don't believe you can geld a colt at auction either. Folks place a bid on a colt and they expect a colt, they bid on a mare in foal and perhaps are bidding higher expecting a two-for-one.

I can see it from both sides. I think folks on SH who breed and then auction are intending an added-value incentive to bid. TrophyHorse had a different perspective on this - it was also more critical that foaling occurred in the first few days of the month.

It's unfortunate that this has not been spelled out somewhere though.
 Adare
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2017 12:27:50 PM reply with quote send message to Adare Object to Post

It's not spelled anywhere. I knew about the non-gelding thing. Perhaps the person with editing access to the Help Center might add that pregnant mares in auction will retain the foal they are carrying.

I did check for this and wouldn't have sold them pregnant if I'd know the foal wouldn't come when it was supposed to.

Replies in this thread : 6