Search

Showhorse.com Forum · Premier Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Halter showing
 P8ntedPny
Family Account Owner

System.__ComObject
12/4/2017 2:16:35 AM reply with quote send message to P8ntedPny Object to Post   

I thought it wasn't legal to enter the same horse in 2-3 different halter shows in the same night? How is that fair? In reality you can't be in 3 separate places at once... why here?
 Painters
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/5/2017 9:50:46 AM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

I noticed that too. I was under the same impression - for years. I don't know if it has always been this way and we just didn't realize it wasn't being checked or if something changed. I don't know if it was only the one horse or if there were others.

At this point I'm of two minds about it since our entries are so low. The horse I believe you are referring to (please do not use names) is not entered in anything else and the stable does not appear to have been logged into for a few days - almost a week. I have dealt with them and I don't believe there was any mal-intent.

Oxbow Ridge Ranch LLC.
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/9/2017 10:57:59 AM reply with quote send message to Oxbow Ridge Ranch LLC. Object to Post

Ok this seems to NOT be a fluke when in ALL 3 halter classes the same stallion has placed GC. It is NOT fair and should not be allowed to continue. What is the point in entering my horses in any of the classes if I am going to bet beat out by the same horse. I know this is not real life but c'mon. Then I might as well enter my Apps who have high Cutting scores in every night; disregarding the "gentleman's agreement". Again tell me how this is fair??
 Oxbow Ridge Ranch LLC.
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/9/2017 12:08:17 PM reply with quote send message to Oxbow Ridge Ranch LLC. Object to Post

I am bringing this up again because it happened again last night
 Painters
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/9/2017 7:54:30 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

Ok, here's my thoughts on this.

First I don't think it's fair to mess up the Cutting agreement - that is unfair to all the folks who have agreed to and abide by the agreement. Is this person not abiding by the cutting agreement? Has anyone told them about it and asked for their cooperation? Don't mess up cutting because you have an issue with halter.

Part of the Cutting Agreement asks that we "educate" new folks - politely. This seems to be another situation that perhaps calls for this type of action.

ShowHorse can not afford to needlessly offend other players and make them feel unwelcome. Be nice!

So, assuming no one else has taken up this task and because I believe I have a good relationship with this stable I have just sent them a PM regarding the multiple show entries. I did not want to be the unofficial "enforcer" - lol.
 P8ntedPny
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
12/10/2017 5:05:50 PM reply with quote send message to P8ntedPny Object to Post

My apologies; I am sorry to have flown off the handle..been out of sorts the last few days and I took it out on the wrong people. So again I am sorry. But yes, I was frustrated as why should I try and enter any of my stock in any of the halter shows in a night if they are going to get beat out by a reigning champion. Byn having 2 other shows at least I might have a chance. Please forgive me....I will now go sir in the corner...(just a little humor)
 Painters
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/10/2017 6:43:59 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

Humor is always good! We sometimes need a bit of it it to keep things in perspective.

I have heard back from the stable in question and the issue has been corrected, plus the very nice colt is now at stud ($250 and no approval -lol)) if anyone is interested. I know that I am going to have a look-see at who I can send to visit him.

Replies in this thread : 6