Search

Showhorse.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Dreaded 23rd of the month
 Tranquility Acres
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/23/2017 4:39:16 AM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres Object to Post   

Had a couple new babies I wanted to score and of course forgot it's the 23rd...so no results. GAH!
 Big Sky
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2017 11:16:05 AM reply with quote send message to Big Sky Object to Post

What is significant about the 23rd of the month? I am curious and very green at SH so pardon the question if this is something personal just tell me to mind my own business. Though the Forum is public you all seem to know each other well and share a lot.
 Painters
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
12/23/2017 12:49:35 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

There are actually two pairs of cutting shows that interfere with each other - one is the North Texas Futurity (1st and 5th of the month)and the other is the Oklahoma Open (15th & 23rd of the month). These are the only show names that repeat within the same month.

I suspect that its because the names are identical. The earlier show seems to run just fine but when the second one runs they get messed up. I don't think the data base can differentiate the two and the results either get combined or overwritten when the second one runs. If you look at the two Oklahoma Opens (15th & 23rd) the results are identical. The Oklahoma show really gets messed up, the Texas ones are just identical although I don't know if either shows the correct results.

I avoid both shows - lol.

Tranquility Acres
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2017 1:16:43 PM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres Object to Post

Welcome BigSky! This is an awesome game. As with everything awesome, me included, it has some glitches lmao. The 23rd I often overlook and just enter, then remember and want to kick myself when I check results and there aren't any.
 Weather Hill
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2017 10:00:42 PM reply with quote send message to Weather Hill Object to Post

Thanks I just dabble in cutting. Amateur only and then first with source paints and then just for curiosity with my paints which have CS 70 and higher. The breeding is the fascination for me. Followed Tb bloodlines all my life but never the money to go into it in a real way. Stood a Nasrullah grandson for a few years while I hunted and showed him. I retrained race horses to make show/hunt horses and sold to make room for next racetrack reject. Now my horses are digital or in my daughters care.
 P8ntedPny
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
12/28/2017 5:09:55 AM reply with quote send message to P8ntedPny Object to Post

posted by Weather Hill
Thanks I just dabble in cutting. Amateur only and then first with source paints and then just for curiosity with my paints which have CS 70 and higher. The breeding is the fascination for me. Followed Tb bloodlines all my life but never the money to go into it in a real way. Stood a Nasrullah grandson for a few years while I hunted and showed him. I retrained race horses to make show/hunt horses and sold to make room for next racetrack reject. Now my horses are digital or in my daughters care.
Are you interested in source horses.....I have a few throughout my barns I never obtained so can get whatever breed...
 Weather Hill Painted Ponies
Basic User

Basic User
12/28/2017 7:07:48 AM reply with quote send message to Weather Hill Painted Ponies Object to Post

My interest in source paints is strictly as research into color and trait inheritance. On SD source dogs are worthless for show. I was amazed at how well my source paints did in cutting. That lead me to experiment with other horses with Cs over 70. All of what I do with my painted Ponies is for my intellectual curiosity. Thank you for the offer of source horses in all breeds. The paints are challenge enough.Any player that wants to breed to or buy any of my stock in any one of my stables. Weather Hill Arab; Weather Hill ; Weather Hill Performance Horse, BigSky and this one WH PaintedPonies; I don't mind it if someone wants to buy a horse or breed to one that is not at public stud if they send a message I will consider the offer and get back to them.
Thank you for your interest
Deb

Replies in this thread : 6