Search

Showhorse.com Forum · Game Ideas

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Money for money
 Wild Brookes Stables
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/2/2018 2:21:55 PM reply with quote send message to Wild Brookes Stables Object to Post   

Ok so I know I'm not in the same boat as everyone but I know we all find it frustrating when we have to seriously downsize our herd due to finances and we all hate to see our beloved horses wind up in the horse pool. So my suggestion is this. What if we are able to pay an additional one time payment like 5 bucks for an additional $20,000 in game. I know that wouldn't be "realistic" but there's just not anyway to really make money. For me making any money comes from sales or stud uses and while I've tried to use other people's studs when I've had the money I've found myself continuing to lose money and now I can't afford to be using a bunch of outide studs. And downsizing my herd leads to linebreeding... so by allowing players to pay a Lil extra to keep their stables afloat for longer will put more money in the game and more money in Jeffs pocket. What do you all think?
Money for money
0 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Wild Brookes Stables
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2018 2:23:29 PM reply with quote send message to Wild Brookes Stables Object to Post

I dont know why my posts always become polls. Sorry lol
 Green River Stables
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2018 7:39:32 PM reply with quote send message to Green River Stables Object to Post

I like that idea. I know I don't really have the funds to upgrade some of my paints and I really need too. I'm kind of thinking getting out of them. thankyou.
 Bourne Acres
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/4/2018 8:45:08 PM reply with quote send message to Bourne Acres Object to Post

There are a couple of polls in the General forum dealing with the tight financial situation but they are getting few responses.

I think these are viable options without giving an advantage to those willing and able to plow real cash into the game.

ShowDog was having similar issues and the idea of buying money was discussed but not acted upon - many were not in favour. The SD solution to this dilemma came from a sort of unintended direction.

As compensation for some issue that took as long time to get fixed Jeff doubled the number of "Sessions" supplied - and then doubled them again. (For those unfamiliar with SD Sessions, we ca use them to train/exercise/groom our dogs or we can sell them for SD Dollars.)

Some months went by and Jeff asked if we wanted to continue with the high allotments of sessions and it was I think a near unanimous "yes" in favour of the sessions. It added flexibility - we could sell the sessions if we needed cash for food or show fees or use them to prepare more dogs for showing. Show attendance was the one thing everyone remarked on as having increased markedly with the increased sessions.

I am much more in favour of the lowering of show fees, perhaps maintenance fees too if need be, than I ever will be to allowing the buying of game cash.
 Bourne Acres
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/4/2018 8:47:05 PM reply with quote send message to Bourne Acres Object to Post

Now, having said all that, seriously, at some point you have to bite the bullet and trim stock!

Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2018 10:21:43 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Yes and for years there have been discussions and threads and polls about changes and nothing has been done. This option at least would be an incentive for jeff to invest more in the game at least for a start. I know I dont necessarily want to pay more but if paying an additional 5 bucks keeps my stable financially capable of keeping my stock and able to contribute to other players by using their studs and buying their stock then for me id do it. But right now what im seeing is there are not enough stables actively maintaining herds that are competitive because of finances. Back just a few years ago there were at least 5 stables aiming at breeding the best tb halter horses and there was great commerce between stables and more players joining. But basically the game is dying... it hasnt been updated or improved and basically been left to fend for itself. Something needs to be changed or it wont survive.

I do like the idea of increasing the stable salary along with decreasing the daily costs per animal. Basically the games finances needs a jump start, flood the economy with some doe so people will come out of their shell and share, get competitive again. Its called show horse for a reason lol.

And i have bit the bullet and downsized drastically but like i said... there isnt as many players competitively breeding and therefore horses are becoming inbred from not outsourcing to other studs and so i have to keep enough studs and a variety of mares to use to keep my lines from overlapping... and then when i get decent foals i have to make the tough call to cull mares and studs. Some i wouldnt if i had the finances to keep them and i think its a waste to see them and their potential wind up in horse pool.

My two or three cents. And like i said its a one time payment option, if you dont want or need the money then dont buy it. But for us who can it would be a nice option for us to stay afloat. And jeff gets a cut too. Doesnt have to be 5 bucks could be 2 or 3. Whatever would be deemed fair.
 Oxbow Ridge Ranch LLC.
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/8/2018 2:05:21 AM reply with quote send message to Oxbow Ridge Ranch LLC. Object to Post

With having been with SH and not seeing any real progress, and having the same issues as you guys. I am just at the point of quitting because it just isn't that fun anymore. Admin really needs to get involved with SH. I have some thinking to do.......
 Big Sky
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/8/2018 3:01:02 AM reply with quote send message to Big Sky Object to Post

It is discouraging and a bit pointless to show at $50.00 per class get The Grand Champion and loose $5. to $10. I love the breeding but since no one can afford to buy and breed to out side studs the cash flow is just with the admin. Showing is useless. I feel I might as well keep just a few broodmares and studs and let the money build in most of my stables. SH is a great game but if something isn't done no one will be able to play and what happens to a new player with little to buy or show. There needs to be a real incentive to get lots more horses showing. Maybe a points system . Where points were awarded for all entries and extra points for first through 5th place and monetary awards for specified total points. points being used as entry fees. Something needs to happen to liven things up and attract more players. I wish I had more ideas as to something that would work.

Replies in this thread : 7