Search

Showhorse.com Forum · Game Ideas

Replies in this thread : 16

Author Topic : Would this help?
 Painters
Family Account Owner

System.__ComObject
1/8/2018 10:08:03 AM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Ok, scraping the bottom of the idea barrel:

We have an agreement among Cutting breeders which is working fairly well - not great because we still don't have enough players overall. So, thinking about EP/WP, I wondered if something similar might encourage more folks to give these a more earnest try.

The fact is, we are unlikely to get any actual programming changes so we have to find solutions that we can implement by agreement. I think there is a possibility of getting the show fees changed depending on what is actually involved so I'm going to ask.

-----
Last edited by Painters on 1/8/2018 10:17:58 AM
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/14/2018 12:49:49 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

How many of us have a Basic account that we are using?

We are allowed 1 free Basic. I know because of the financial and other limitations there is not too much you can do with them (short-sighted restrictions in some cases in my humble opinion) nevertheless, they get 10 grand and if each of them spends that on horses and entry fees that pumps ten thousand into the economy.

Just a thought . . .
 Big Sky
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2018 11:14:01 PM reply with quote send message to Big Sky Object to Post

If we can do that it sounds worth trying since it does not cost anyone anything and if all active players agreed to hold a basic account there is no loss to any of us and maybe it would significantly boost the game.
 Painters
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/16/2018 12:38:57 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

Well I'm not sure that Admin would really care that much with things as they are but,if there were to be an issue there are three things that may be picked on that I can think of.

One is multiple Basics - only one "active" Basic to a customer. This I would not want to see happen so don't get carried away.

Second might be serial Basics - opening one then when it runs out of money abandoning it and opening another one right away. Personally I don't think he would object under the circumstances as long as you keep it to one per customer, but it's a possibility.

The third is that the Basic should not be used just to funnel money into your own stables. This is perhaps the most important! They need to be participating in the overall economy!

So essentially,there is no reason whatsoever why we couldn't do this as a short term solution at any rate.

Go out and create that Basic.
* Buy from other players as much as possible.
* Try to get the best quality horses you can - 5 of them. You want these horses to bring in some income to offset part of their show fees to extend the financial viability of your Basic.
* Perhaps lean towards colts as you can put them at stud and perhaps generate some income that way. Now that might be harder to do, but it's an option.
*** Show those horses!
* Consider geldings. They are cheaper to maintain and if you add them to the non-halter events it's a single cash pool for all players to get a share of. You can enter halter too but you'd have to have more folks involved or you are mostly just winning your own money back. The goal is to keep the money moving.
* Once they are set up the Basic should be operated as a separate entity, not as a means to funnel cash into your own or any other partner stable group. Important!

As far as maintenance goes, once every two or three weeks, go in and enter everyone to the end of the schedule and just keep an eye on the balance. (I'm not sure what happens when a Basic runs out of money.)

* Long term option - every couple of months, as needed, you might upgrade for a month then cancel so it doesn't renew. The first time you'll get that 40 thousand upgrade grant. If you resist the temptation to expand the herd during that month past the 5 horses the $1000 daily will boost your balance. Use the time to upgrade your little herd without the restrictions on a Basic. All it will cost you is the 5 bucks every couple of months or so and your single alternating Basic could go on in perpetuity. This is of course a theory. We'd have to see how it worked in practice.

This whole idea is a bit of a "shot in the dark". I don't know how well or if it would work but short term I don't see that there should be any problems. I don't know if I have thought of all the loopholes or conflicts, or whatever but if we all look at it with a spirit of community support it might be a longer term solution.

-----
Last edited by Painters on 1/16/2018 12:43:19 PM
 Painters
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/19/2018 2:43:14 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

Ok, I'm in. I started Eastman Stables.

Eastman is upgraded for now as I had some space on a Family. (I advertised this spot in Premium Forum but got no response so I made my own Basic and upgraded it.) This can be a revolving upgrade if someone else wants to join the program. There is a limit on the Family - only one drop per month - but I can make this spot available to other Basic-Economy-Booster stables in the future.

Let this be a testcase. I thought I was seeing a bit of an uptick in show entries but there is no increase in the active login numbers - dropped another couple of points so no one new it seems although this might increase as the month passes - don't know.

-----
Last edited by Painters on 1/19/2018 2:50:38 PM
 Eastman Stables
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/19/2018 3:28:52 PM reply with quote send message to Eastman Stables Object to Post

Eastman has 7 horses - 5 TB geldings from the Coton sell-off, a Cache mare and her filly foal, and a BigSky Paint filly.

It paid out $500 in entry fees and received about $300 in winnings today, a net contribution today of about $200.

Since opening, Eastman has paid $5725 in entry fees and purchases and received $1239 in winnings for a net economic contribution of $4486. I excluded payment to and from Admin (grants, salary, and stable fees) since I'm not sure how these impact the overall economy (do stable fees somehow flow back? Don't know).

If I include ALL transactions to date, Eastman had income including grants of $58,293, expenditures of $6135, with a remaining balance of $52,104.
 Big Sky
Basic User

Basic User
1/21/2018 2:15:50 AM reply with quote send message to Big Sky Object to Post

I already have 5 family stables and SH will not accept a request for a basic. Is there a way around or am I just not doing it correctly. I tried using my husbands email and that did not work either. Do I need to drop one of my 5 stables to be able to create a basic? I am open to any suggestions. HELP
 Painters
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/21/2018 11:16:50 AM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

The number of stables you have should not matter. I'm not sure but there may be an issue with the email that sends the password - is that what the problem is? Check your junk/spam folders - it may have gone there. What did you caall your new Basic - check the User-List (left sidebar) to see if it exists.

I had some problems with setting up Eastman but it did work.

Happy to see you join the party!
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/21/2018 12:18:52 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

Red River Valley is my contribution to the efforts.

Today RRV spent $600 on entry fees and received $284.73 in winnings for a net contribution to the economy of $315.27.

I actually opened RRV some weeks ago while trying to help out a new Basic - I needed to figure out how something worked for them. I ran it for a while as a Basic, basically just as this initiative is all about - improving participation. Anyway, as the cash on hand dwindled, I let it go idle. I did some account reshuffling and upgraded it to get it re-funded for this joint project.

So I'm on board too!
 Big Sky
Basic User

Basic User
1/22/2018 8:44:32 AM reply with quote send message to Big Sky Object to Post

I admit to being a computer idiot but I have tried everything I can think of I have changed emails , used my husbands email, changer browsers and emails still SH just ignores my request for a stable I Type in name it is available put in email both times (the same) and click on sign up. The page reappears just as it was No message to go to email for password nothing but the sign up blank. I am going to try from my iPad when I go some where with a different wifi where I would have a different server. I have an appointment this afternoon and maybe signing in on their guest site will work. Any Ideas other than standing on my head while I sign up??
 Red River Valley Farm
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/22/2018 7:37:45 PM reply with quote send message to Red River Valley Farm Object to Post

I have a suggestion but I'd really like to know what is going on - we can't get any new users if they can't get an account.

Is anyone else having a problem making a new account?

Big Sky
Basic User

Basic User
1/22/2018 8:56:27 PM reply with quote send message to Big Sky Object to Post

Trying another venue did not make any difference so the least I can do is try to enter as many of my Paints as I can who have at least chance of recouping some of the out lay. I entered all that I could afford in the Colorado horse show tonight. That should put something back into circulation. Meanwhile I will persist in my search for a SH Basic stable.
 Painters
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/22/2018 9:05:27 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

There is this new account.

Sleeping Dragon Ranch.

It says it's a Family and was started today, about 3:30 pm 1-22-18. Could that be you?
 Big Sky
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2018 4:57:28 AM reply with quote send message to Big Sky Object to Post

Not Mine Great name though. Wish I had thought of it. Dragons are great image and they Bring Power and a Playfulness to issues
 Painters
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
2/17/2018 11:08:06 AM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

The issue with not being able to make totally new accounts is also hitting ShowRabbits. I appears to be some glitch in the messaging/email process. It does not seem to impact ShowDog however.

Those of us who have vacancies in family accounts can make new accounts however.
 Big Horn Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2018 11:33:48 AM reply with quote send message to Big Horn Ranch Object to Post

posted by Big Sky
Not Mine Great name though. Wish I had thought of it. Dragons are great image and they Bring Power and a Playfulness to
Nope it is P8ntedPny....as is Chateau Wilderness Ranch. I started these two to help with the economy
issues

Chateau Wilderness Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/18/2018 6:10:21 AM reply with quote send message to Chateau Wilderness Ranch Object to Post

posted by Red River Valley Farm
I have a suggestion but I'd really like to know what is going on - we can't get any new users if they can't get an account.

Is anyone else having a problem making a new account?

I think it has to do with the IP address. Even if you change emails the IP address will be the same, I think.

Replies in this thread : 16