Search

Showhorse.com Forum · Cutting Horse

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : This one breaks "tradition"
 Tranquility Acres
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/30/2018 5:20:29 AM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres Object to Post   

www.showhorse.com/horse.aspx?id=683261

Ok, I have been working with cutting paints for quite some time. I had narrowed down some traits to get the highest scores using other people's experience as well as my own. The past few months, getting to 240 was my goal. Foal after foal was a disappointment, the stats were "off", the scores were low. The formula I had found worked was 14.3 with a temp in the 50s range with fairly even stats of 80 and above, although the stat formula is never a given, and now neither is temp or height, as the colt above just scored a 241. Sooooooo, back to my drawing board!!! Can't wait to breed this guy, and begin to learn all over again. Always learning!
 Painters
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
5/30/2018 1:52:55 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

Congratulations - he looks good.
 Arizona Falls TBs
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/5/2018 12:17:51 AM reply with quote send message to Arizona Falls TBs Object to Post

Congrats!!!! Stay on it...keep looking for those 14.2s...
CS gives the highest scores...specially if followed with Aggy within 10 points from CS....like CS:90 A: 80....SF is really just a bonus....just got a few QHs with high CS and low surefoot...don’t seem to matter,they’re scoring the highest...
AZF
 Tranquility Acres
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/9/2018 7:24:18 PM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres Object to Post

Thanks AZ. I have found though with a couple that had higher SF, they scored higher than cow sense, In the beginning of my program I assumed CS would be the clincher, hello, cutting cattle after all! LOL but I was humbled immediately by my higher scores being the horses with the close to even stats. It's a learning experience! Keeps me on my toes!

Replies in this thread : 3