Search

Showhorse.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Western Entries under 5 yrs
 Tranquility Acres West
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/5/2018 5:50:28 AM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres West Object to Post   

I can't "mass enter" my horses under 5 years old, I need to go to that horse's page and enter individually even though pro age to show is 2. Anyone else having this issue?
 Red River Valley Farm
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/5/2018 12:50:18 PM reply with quote send message to Red River Valley Farm Object to Post

I just entered several 3 yr olds in EP and WP using both the horse page and schedule and had no problem.

Is it possible that the horses are already entered in another show for that date - it does seem to filter those out.
 Tranquility Acres West
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/7/2018 5:49:58 AM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres West Object to Post

No, when I click on full schedule and all my horses come up, the 2 year olds are all missing,
 GaylanStudio2
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/7/2018 3:34:33 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio2 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well, I have to agree - using the full schedule for EP or WP omits everything less than 3. The 1's and 2's show up for Halter. I don't have any 0's at this time here but I presume they would too.

I think this was how it was originally designed, the argument being that anything less than 3 years is not physically developed to carry a rider. I sort of recall discussions around this in the early days.

At some point I know it was changed to allow 2's to show in EP/WP Pro, and all ages were allowed in Amateur. It seems these changes never made it to the full schedule. I confess I've never missed it since the only time I use the schedule is for cutting which never made it to the horse page entry form.

There does not seem to any issue with 3 to 5's as noted in your original post and title. Can you confirm or deny my assessment on this?

So unless someone has more information on this I can only say that for your younger horses you would have to go through the horse page entry form. It's unfortunate, but I think we are probably stuck with the situation as it is.

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio2 on 6/7/2018 3:37:52 PM
 Tranquility Acres
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/9/2018 7:21:26 PM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres Object to Post

Thanks Gaylan.I have no 3 yr olds right now so I can't say, but my entries do start at 5

Replies in this thread : 4