Search

Showhorse.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : EXCEL Spreadsheet Calculator
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

System.__ComObject
7/8/2018 8:50:07 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post   

If anyone is interested, I have finally completed a cleaned up copy of the spreadsheet I use (removed all my notes, password reminders, etc. lol).

It will come as an Excel 2003/97 file but runs on newer versions.

It provides an assortment of totals in addition to the Halter Score and Standard Deviation. It builds 4 different "strings" that can be copy/pasted into the call name.

If you are interested in trying this, PM me - I need a real email address to attach the file.

Tranquility Acres
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/9/2018 11:34:20 AM reply with quote send message to Tranquility Acres Object to Post

How would I save this on my computer? I have a mac. My e-mail is wendyn371@yahoo.com
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
7/10/2018 12:58:38 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm not sure but I think that there is a Mac version of EXCEL or perhaps there is a conversion process within whatever spreadsheet program you have - you will need something to run the program with. I don't have any MAC experience to advise you on this but I'll send you the file anyway.

By the way - to everyone, please feel free to share the file with anyone who is interested - it's not "copyrighted".

EDIT:
There will be a slight (I hope) delay in further distributions - I've discovered a snag which I'm hoping to work out shortly with the protection of certain segments to protect formulas from accidental changes.

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio on 7/10/2018 11:18:51 AM
 Big Horn Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/10/2018 11:32:47 AM reply with quote send message to Big Horn Ranch Object to Post

When I have tried to copy and paste the stats, starting with the skin it shifts everything downward by one box and then is not accurate. How do I stop that from happening?
 Hope Springs
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/10/2018 12:26:37 PM reply with quote send message to Hope Springs Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Hope Springs on 7/10/2018 12:28:39 PM
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
7/10/2018 12:35:41 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

Sounds like your aim is off. I do it myself if I'm not careful.

Make sure you are grabbing the horses stats at the word "skin" down to the value for "Surefoot". They should highlite.

On the spreadsheet. click on the word "skin" and paste from there.

If you hit it wrong, along the top there should be an "undo" button. (There's a "redo" too that undoes an undo.) They look sort of like a swishy arrow.

It probably will take a bit of practice. I wonder if I should try to make that box bigger?

Replies in this thread : 5