Search

Showhorse.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 0

Author Topic : Best Wish To All!
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

System.__ComObject
12/27/2018 9:16:09 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post   

I thought I'd take a this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, or whatever it is anyone might be celebrating or honouring at this time of the year.

Also I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe New Year.

Just to add a bit of personal stuff, I've had some computer issues this past month so I've not been as active as usual. My hard drive died! It was sudden and unexpected although the laptop was about 10 years old - I'm told that's pretty long - but I've never had it happen to ME before. Anyway, I've lost all of my personal files (note to self - do backups more frequently than every two years). (I do have a somewhat understandable excuse in that my last backup was just about the time my dear brother past away, like my drive, suddenly and unexpected. That's been hard.)

Anyway I've sent the drive to an outfit that says they think they can recover most of the files - but it is pricey. I'm hoping to hear from them soon so I can run the numbers on all my new, or not so new but just neglected horses. I don't really fancy trying to recreate all those files from scratch.

In the meantime, I've been working on a webapp to calculate all those numbers - sort of like Autumnwoods calculator. It's calculating the numbers properly but it still needs some work on the procedure, but here's hoping.

Replies in this thread : 0