Search

Showhorse.com Forum · Horse Sale Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : HUGE Paint Sale!
 Colour Ridge
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/2/2019 6:13:33 PM reply with quote send message to Colour Ridge Object to Post   

I am selling my entire stock of Paints.
Mares, Fillys, Colts, Stallions.

I am going in a different directions so all these guys need to go!

Thanks in advance!
 Painters
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/2/2019 6:56:11 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

Wish I could help you out with the dispersal but I'm pretty much swamped as it is.

So what are your plans? Anything I can help you with? I'm curious/nosy - lol.

I'm also starved for dialogue. Nobody seems to talk to anyone anymore.
 Colour Ridge
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/3/2019 9:45:07 AM reply with quote send message to Colour Ridge Object to Post

I totally understand.

Is it bad to say I am not sure what I want to do? I just know I wasnt very thrilled with where I wss going and think starting over would be a good idea.

That might sound dumb, but its the truth.

I am always wanting to talk! lol
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/3/2019 1:56:10 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

Excellent!

The game needs some new life breathed into it and since Admin is unable/unwilling, it is up to us to do what we can. If nothing else we can call it "HorseBook" or "HorseFace" or something - lol.
 Colour Ridge
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/3/2019 4:45:04 PM reply with quote send message to Colour Ridge Object to Post

Hahahaha!!

Exactly!

I just need to figure out what I want to do... stay in Paints and find a niche or try something else?
 Colour Ridge
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/3/2019 4:47:39 PM reply with quote send message to Colour Ridge Object to Post

I wish admin would add some more breeds, events or even allow for cross-breeding. That would be awesome.

I have lots of ideas if we could do cross-breeding.
 Painters
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/3/2019 7:58:26 PM reply with quote send message to Painters Object to Post

this post has been edited 5 time(s)

Colour, here's some ideas for you maybe:

Revive the Arab Cutting project! There are still some around that were scoring 240 to 250. The Paints and QH still need a bit of work. Recruit one or two others and pick a breed. There's a Cutting agreement with a calendar to keep the breeds competing separately. It can be revised to suit the current needs - the breeds are not as far apart as they used to be. There are even some TB's. It's easier to keep the momentum going if there's someone else involved.

In EP/WP the QH and Appy's I think need some work to become more competitive. I've put some current winning WP Paints at auction and had no takers. There is money to be made in EP/WP and it can be bred for!

Paints in general seem to attract the most players - I'm guessing it's because of the wide range in colours and patterns even though colour plays no part in the game as it currently stands. Pick up a different breed. Appy's and QH always seem to get the short end of the popularity stick, with the exception of the Appy Cutters but all of the other breeds are dominated by the Paints. We only have 5 breeds but even so, some are struggling.

Under "Rankings" there's a list of tops in all manner of divisions. (Unfortunately it resets with the first show of the new month so you only have one day to view them.) Pick one and strive to get to the top. Advertise your success in the breed forum. I'd really like to see a posting at the start of each month promoting the top winners in the previous month. Form a breed society and share the work of compiling those statistics. A lot of the work is already done - it just needs prettying up and the presentation re-ordered. As an example of what could be done, check this link out from ShowDog:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=916449

(Hope that link works. Click on the "anyflip" link then on lower right corner to turn pages.) I did have some discussions with the person who did up the Chronical to maybe do one for us but she was not able to do it at the time (so far there is no December SD issue either). We don't even have to get this fancy!

-----
Last edited by Painters on 1/3/2019 8:12:57 PM
 Colour Ridge
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2019 10:00:32 AM reply with quote send message to Colour Ridge Object to Post

Thanks!

I was actually thinking about Appy's. They really seem to be struggling and I would love to get them up and going and see them winning more in EP/WP.

Although getting Arab's more into cutting would be fun too....

So much to think about.
 GaylanStudio
Family Account Owner

Family Account Owner
1/5/2019 2:41:26 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio Object to Post

There are a couple of decent Cache Creek Appy mares at auction . . .

Replies in this thread : 8