Color Genes - Lo, Leopard

The leopard gene is an incomplete dominance that only appears in the Appaloosa breed on Showhorse.com.  While all Appaloosa source horses have one variation of the Lo gene, it can be bred out of the resulting offspring due to the incomplete dominance of it.

Lo - Dominant
lo - Recessive

Lo x Lo = Fewspot or Snowcap Blanket
Lo x lo = Leopard or Spotted Blanket.
lo x lo = No Impact

Breeding blanket to blanket means you have a 75% chance of getting blanket and 25% chance of getting leopard, and so on.



Last Updated: 10/20/2008 6:34:35 PM